. . . troubles well accepted or solved with God’s help . . .
I have a gratitude list and it is extensive. More than one list, actually. When I looked at this phrase I thought I would make a list of my troubles. Sort of an anti-gratitude list, but not really. I know that the ideal is to be grateful for everything, good and bad. So the things that give me trouble are things to be grateful for as well.
From Dictionary.com:difficulty, annoyance, or harassmentunfortunate or distressing position, circumstance, or occurrence; misfortune
- I have a bad back and bad knees. I will have them checked, if I live long enough.
- I have a lot of trouble (ha!) sleeping.
- I work with people who have severe, multiple disabilities, and their situations some times make me sad.
- My mother is losing her eyesight.
- I live in a polluted area.
- I experience fear and difficulty while walking my dog.
- I struggle with humility.
- I can’t get legally married.
- I’m having a very slow menopause (I know that’s an incorrect use of the word, but I like it).
- I have a long and unpretty commute to work.
- I have dental issues.
- I (and in a separate matter, my kids) may be done out of an inheritance, or have to give it all to lawyers.
- My dog barks too much.
- My cat’s fur is too long.