I did write ‘2009’ in the title. Time goes by so quickly.
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this year
- Carole and I will have been together for 13 years
- I will turn 48 years old
- My daughter will turn 25
- I will have been at my place of employment for 12 years
- I’ll have two college graduate children
- My high school class will have a 30th reunion
- I’ll mark 26 years of sobriety
~I won’t reach menopause. That will have to wait until at least 2011.
These numbers seem huge to me and I can’t believe I’ve lived this long.
Today I took Carole to the doctor and this is a huge difference between us, which sometimes causes strife. I imagine there will be more frequent trips to the doctor as we continue to get older. I hate going and try to avoid it if humanly possible. I tend to think I’ll be alright. Carole goes all the time, for everything. And no, I’m not being judgmental about it.
Let me just say that when we made it to the doctor today, her diagnosis was a cut finger.